Bioeconomy Research Symposium: Ireland 2022
December 6 - December 7€135
BRSI 2022 is BiOrbic’s biggest early career researcher-led Symposium to be held in December 2022 in Dublin, Ireland. The Symposium will serve as a platform for PhDs, Postdocs, start-ups and industries in the sustainability and circular bio-economy area to present their work and learn about that of their peers. It will be an opportunity to exchange ideas, building networks and find potential collaborations.
The symposium has the ambition to gather researchers in the fields of:
- Chemical Engineering and Bioprocesses
- Microbial Biotechnology
- Circular Bioplastics production
- Behavioural Science/Environmental Psychology
- Stewardship and Circular Economy consultancy
- Human Ecology
- Life Cycle Assessment
- Policy Making
- Systemic Thinking
The two-days event aims at highlighting positive benefits and holistic examples for a socially just and cooperative transition to a bioeconomy so to induce a transformative change in the wider society in the face of the climate change and finite resource challenge we are all facing. Whilst there is the opportunity to present your own work, feel free to also simply join as an attendee to learn about the current proceedings in the field. Similarly, even if you come from a different professional background but are interested in the concept, this event might be a good opportunity for you to learn more about advances in the area.
Day 1: An entire day with Keynote and Overseas speaker presentations, Flash talks, Poster sessions, and a social dinner at Harbourmaster in IFSC at the very heart of Dublin city.
Day 2 [Industry Day]: Intensive half-day about job opportunities. There will be ‘Meeting the industry’ session, Start-up presentations, and a Panel discussion involving academics, industrial actors and start-ups, and policy makers.
All attendees are requested to purchase a ticket to complete registration.
Tickets: 135 EUR per person [social dinner included]. Tickets are available through the Eventbrite link, https://www.eventbrite.com/e/bioeconomy-research-symposium-ireland-2022-tickets-419633052757
The first day will be mostly science oriented with plenty of space for social interactions/networking and the second day will have a career opportunities session with a panel speakers discussion that will specifically involve industrial partners and start-ups.
- Christian Sonnendecker, Leipzig University, Germany
- Talk on “Enzyme technologies for closed-loop PET recycling”
- Jan Starke, Wageningen University & Research, Netherlands
- Talk on “Why is the bioeconomy controversial? And why is this good news?”
- Caterina Palombo, ETICAE – Stewardship in Action, Italy
- Talk on “Social involvement in environmental stewardship: the importance of cooperation within communities and for long-lasting partnerships”
- Mayuki Cabrera, Technical University of Vienna, Austria
- Talk on “Development of a model for implementing circular economy in desert coastal regions”
- Charlene Smith, Life Friendly Chemistry lead, Materiom, UK
- Jay Gaston, Sustainable Polymer & Biomaterial Scientist, Shellworks, UK
- Pilar Bolumburu, Designer & Material Researcher, Materiom, UK
FLASH TALK AND POSTER SESSIONS:
Postdocs and final year PhD researchers are welcomed to present their work in either Flash talk only or Flash talk + poster format.
All other PhD researchers and external attendees are welcomed to present their work in poster format only.
For BiOrbic and CDT in University of Nottingham attendees: Please use the word template sent through internal communication for abstract submission.
For external attendees: Interested attendees who would like to present their research work in poster format, please choose the option to present poster while buying the ticket. Word template for abstract submission will be sent through email shortly after registration.
Click here to download abstract booklet.
General instructions for abstract submission
The abstract should be written according to the following instructions using the word template which will be sent to you after registration
• Abstracts must be submitted before 31st of October 2022 for BiOrbic and CDT attendees, 15th of November for external attendees
• Abstracts must be sent to email@example.com as word or PDF file using ‘Abstract’ in mail subject
• Abstracts should not exceed 400 words
• Title should be written in the Times New Roman 14 bold
• Text should be written in the Times New Roman 10
• Authors should be listed in the Times New Roman 11 with the name of the speaker in bold
• Affiliation of the authors should be indicated in the Times New Roman 9 italic
• Neither references nor figures are allowed
• Select one category: Biotechnology, Social Sciences, and Industrial Ecology
Click here for the agenda.
DATE & TIME:
6th December 2022 – 8:45 to 19:00 with the social dinner starting at 19:00
7th December 2022 – 8:45 to 13:45
BiOrbic – PhD and Postdoc committee
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any issues or questions!
University College Dublin
Belfield, Dublin D04V1W8 Ireland
Thanks to our sponsors for the event: